So I had my weekly doctors appointment today. All seemed pretty normal according to me. High blood pressure, but what else is new. The non-stress test looked good. They did check me again and I am 1-2 cm dilated, which is insane. He also said that the baby's head is REALLY low. Surprising bits of information, but these things seem pretty normal for 36ish weeks in my head. Things are rolling along, like every other week...and then the doc comes in for a little chat. They are going to induce me...one week from Thursday! That is like, in NINE DAYS. NINE DAYS until I have a BABY!
Not sure what else to say besides I am amazingly shocked considering I KNEW this baby was going to be born soon. It isn't like I didn't know I was pregnant. It isn't like I accidentally became pregnant and have been in total denial. Nope, I have known this was coming, but somehow this three week shift in due date has really thrown my mind for a loop! We are basically ready, but still, are we READY. For a BABY. I guess we are going to have to be by next Thursday!
The doctor said that with my blood pressure issues, it is just better to go ahead and get this baby out. That 37 weeks is the goal and we are lucky that we made it (or will as of next Thursday). He said that 95% of babies are totally ready at 37 weeks, and that the other 5% may need oxygen, but most still go home with the parents. This is full term. We will be FULL TERM next Thursday. He says that statistics show that with blood pressure issues like mine, they have a tendency to spike in the last couple weeks and force more dangerous situations and c-sections and what not. He doesn't want to risk it. This is what is best for me and for the baby. So we will induce. And have a baby. On May 14th. Crazy. CRAZY!
At least I get to go to that birth class on Saturday...that should come in handy FIVE DAYS LATER!!