Now, on that sorta depressing note, let's look at what think are the best posts of the year! Per usual, we will do this bullet style.
- Starting right off, I think I maybe did do a little bit of decent blogging after all! This post about my pizza disaster still makes me laugh...
- I also like this post from last January talking about Henry's imagination.
- This is a post about how Henry sees his beloved Aunt Mimi in heaven, and it's how I now like to think of her until we are together again.
- And here is one about how sometimes home ownership can suck.
- March was a really busy month with my capstone defense and my hysterectomy. There was plenty of blogging done in that time, but only one falling in the "best of category". It's a short but sweet post about Henry.
- And here is one about taking a little extra time with him on the tball field.
- Here are a couple of posts about school, the first is about the differences of going to school as an adult, and the other is maybe not a literary masterpiece, but it has me GRADUATING, so it gets considered a "best".
- May brought #GreyForMissy , which is always a favorite but emotional time time around here, and will always be considered one of the best annual moments on the blog.
- We also had Henry's 5th birthday, which... just click to be reminded of the amazingness of that party.
- June was packed full of vacations and a wedding, but I had time to write a couple of decent posts. The first is another tball story and the second is about the rainbow that appeared over my parents house on Missy's birthday.
- July brought with it my new job, which is a highlight of the year.
- There were times this year where I did find a solid voice, and commonly they were on topics other that sharing our family picture or telling a funny story. One was on Racial Inequality in America and another was on Robin Williams. I am proud of both, and think they are worth reading and resharing.
- Man, there were lots of posts about Ellie this year, and that in itself hurts my heart. It was all hard, and I will just share my last post on her, because I think it sums up our love the best.
- Through October and November I don't have many posts that stand out on blogging quality, but there are several that stand out as memories from the year, like Father-Daughter weekend, Henry losing his first tooth, my annual birthday weekend madness, Henry as Link for Halloween, our Slumber Party, and my trip to New Orleans... it was a busy couple of months.
- Here is a short but sweet post about how much Henry loves his cousins.
- And a random and disturbing (to me) story about my recent oral surgery.
- December also brought with it the annual #CandlesForMissy post, which I love, and of course our annual Christmas video to wrap up the holidays.
And with that we wrap up the Best of Bio Girl 2014! After reading through a lot of posts, it wasn't as bad of a blogging year as I thought. All in all, not too bad at all! Plus there are lots of other posts not included here that could go on a "Best pictures of Bio Girl" post. I thought about making that post as well, but I think we have enough annual traditions at the end of each year around here. I will be back tomorrow for the annual reviewing and renewing of my New Year's resolutions, so come back by if you want to see how I did! (Spoiler alert, not well...)