So anyway, I have been reading lots of blogs struggling with infertility lately, and every time I find a new one I am always thrilled to see when they have their TTC (trying to conceive) history down the sidebar. I was going to do it too, but then I looked at my sidebars. Man, those things are a mess. So I figured I would type it all up in a nice neat post, then link to it over there in the "A Little More About Me" section. I am too wordy for a side bar list anyway. So here we go:
**Spoiler Alert: It worked Henry Shayne was born in May 2009. He is 15 months in this picture
In the Beginning:
- December 2004 : Laparoscopic surgery. Diagnosed with Stage III / IV Endometriosis
- January 2005-June 2005: Lupron injections to treat Endo
- October 2006: Have best wedding ever (end result: married to Nick, my bff)
- February 2007: Toss birth control but have warnings from OB/GYN that things most likely wont be that easy for us
- May 2007: Laparoscopic surgery #2: Remove lots more endo and some cysts that were over my ovaries. Diagnosed with stage IV endo
- January 2008: Endo pain getting out of control. Go see OB/GYN and he refers us to the RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist) aka Doc
- February 2008: Meet with Doc. He gives us our odds. They look bleak without help. Begin fertility treatments.
- March 2008: Begin IUI #1 with clomid. Dose too low. Don't ovulate. Cycle canceled
- March 2008 (end of month): IUI #1 take 2: double Clomid. BFN (big fat negative)
- April 2008: IUI #2 : BFN
- May 2008: IUI #3 :BFN
- July 2008: IVF #1 begins!
- August 2008: First bloodwork check, Estrogen too high. IVF #1 canceled
- September 2008: IVF #1 begins again!
- September 5, 2008: First scan after stims, things looking a little too good. Worried about OHSS.
- September 8, 2008: Next scan. LOTS of eggs, cycle is still a go!
- September 11, 2008: 22 high quality eggs retrieved. Mild OHSS.
- September 12, 2008: Fertilization report: 19 eggs fertilized
- September 13, 2008: 17 eggs dividing perfectly. Decide to do a 5 day transfer
- September 16, 2008: Transferred in two Grade AA five day blasts. Froze six high grade (AA or AB) blasts
- September 25, 2008: Pregnant! Beta 137
- October 13, 2008: First Ultrasound. One precious heart beat.
- April 2009: Hospitalized with high blood pressure. Put on part time bed rest.
- May 13, 2009. Induced at 37 weeks. Sweet Henry was born at 6:09 pm weighing 5lb 15 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. True love.
- January 2011: Began Birth Control
- February 14, 2011: Ultrasound. All cleared to go forward with FET
- February 23, 2011: Begin hormones
- March 15, 2011: Transferred two top grade 5 day blasts. Lost 2 in the thaw.
- March 23, 2011: Pregnancy Test was Negative
- Started meds in March of 2011
- Two top quality embryos thawed and transferred June 2011
- Negative. We are out of the game
- June 2012 had left ovary and tube removed due to endometriosis. Had IUD placed.
We have accepted that we are no longer having any more children. We are loving every second with our sweet boy while happily living as a family of three!