But that doesn't mean there weren't some decent blog posts this year! I mean, I had to write SOMETHING worth reading, right? Let's dive in and see, shall we?
- First thing's first, here is an actual good blog post (like, a REAL blog post.. not just a picture post) of me telling the story of how I fell INTO the yard waste dumpster. It reminds me of blog days of old, and is totally worth a (re)read.
- Here is another good one, this one on the Olympics.
- And here I wrote about my post election thoughts.
- Ah, here is a post about Henry and I reading the first Harry Potter together. Man, this is great. We are currently reading Chamber of Secrets and loving it as well. I am not sure there are many things in life better than sharing something you love with your child and having them fall in love as well.
- Oh, and it looks like we were still talking Harry Potter in February, which is FINE BY ME.
- And another one from February, this one right after the anniversary of losing Missy. Sometimes reading these posts take my breath away, but I always feel a little closer to her too, which is I guess why I continue to read (and write) them.
- In March we attended Henry's Green Eggs and Ham play, which includes a video of the kids dancing, which might be hard to watch because I was shaking/laughing so hard. Blogging at it's best.
- Okay, the posts I am picking pretty much from this point on might not be quality blogging, but they keep making me smile, which I guess is all it takes to make the top list these days. Along those lines, here is some art work from Henry's first grade class.
- And then on to some tball ball fun with Henry's game ball winning game in the spring. I know I am insane over baseball, and I am okay with it.
- As always, the Birthday madness must be documented in the year end review. Here Henry's Harry Potter party post, which I will always be proud of! And here is his annual birthday letter and birthday picture slideshow. I know, but why mess with tradition?
- Let's see... we are now really into a slew of picture posts, but some of them I like! Like this one, from summer/baseball madness. And THIS one from Disney World, and THIS one from vacation, and THIS one from Candice and Lucas's wedding... lots of great pictures have been taken this year.
- I finally had a chance to take Henry to a midnight release party for a Harry Potter book, and it was everything I hoped it would be.
- And in this one I discuss my new job, which is still exciting.
- In this post Henry enters Coach Pitch with a bang (also known as a triple on his first at bat)
- This may not be the best blog post, but it is a great memory of me taking Cici to Girl Scout Camp! (Also, Henry's giant tooth)
- We wrapped up the year with Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas, all which seem worth mentioning :)
Happy New Year, everyone!