We are doing Thanksgiving with my parents tomorrow. Nick and Henry are both sound asleep, and I am up cooking. Another thirty minutes before the last dish is out of the oven. I totally feel like my mom right now. Did your all's moms do that? Cook in the middle of the night once everyone was asleep? I guess that was the time my mom could find to get things done. Funny how I never gave it much thought until now. Anyway, while I wait for the corn pudding to come out of the oven, I thought I would do a post about what is on my mind....so...here we go.
- I think I put too much butter in the sweet potatoes. Is there such thing as too much butter? We will find out tomorrow.
- Henry is sick. Booooo. He isn't sick enough to need medicine or the doctor, just sick enough to have snot pouring out of his nose, constant coughing and sneezing, and basically to be mildly miserable. Happy Freakin' Holidays.
- We are heading to South Carolina on Friday, which I really and truly excited about...except....we will be with a sick baby. Happy Freakin' Holidays Deluxe Edition! Be jealous of Nana and Uncle Chris who will be in the car with us for the 7-8 hour trip. Please let him sleep, please let him sleep...
- Breast Feeding seems to be going a little better. Thank you all for your wonderful advice and support. I will definitely try some of your suggestions. I completely forgot about oats helping, so I will start having oatmeal again for breakfast. I plan to pick up the Mothers Milk Tea, I will try to pump more, but I already have been working on that...still, everything was a great help and your support is just awesome.
- On a lighter note, I am completely and utterly in love with show Glee. Like to the point that it is ridiculous. I actually created a Glee radio station on Pandora...and I am not going to lie. It is awesome.
- My Glee radio station plays a great deal of Broadway music, including the play Wicked. I am now also ridiculously in love with it, even though I have never seen it and don't really know what it is about.
- Also, this same station may or may not constantly play Disney music. The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast. I act all embarrassed and like, "Oh PANDORA?!?! WHY would you think I want to hear CARTOONS?" When it comes on at work, but then I secretly give it a thumbs up because I LOVE Disney music.
- So New Moon...yeah, I wasn't in love with it. And this is from a pretty huge fan of the books. I just don't think I like many movies that are based after my favorite books. I am that annoying person that is all like, "But the book is so much BETTER....." I did love Jacob. Man, they nailed him. The rest of it...just meh.
Okay, back to the kitchen. Gotta get this cooking finished so I can eventually get into bed. Not sure how mom did this every holiday...