Well, I will reward you with Nora pictures at the end of this, so just stick with me...
So my 2011 Resolutions:
- Find peace with the size of our family. Well... I sorta started out with a hard one, didn't I? This is rather hard to accomplish within a year, especially when the year contains 2 FET's that were SUPPOSE to allow me to have peace because my family was my perfect size. BUT, since things in 2011 didn't go that way, I feel like I am still doing well with this one. I mean, I struggle, as you all know, but most of the time I am doing well with it. I am not letting our lack of baby #2 hold me back. I am embracing the life we are given, and I think that is the best I could have done with this one. SO, CHECK!
- To Read at least 24 books. CHECK! In 2011 I read 27 books, and several of those were beasts in the way of page numbers (OUTLANDER SERIES). So I feel REALLY good about this one.
- Nick and I to take a weekend away. Okay, we didn't exactly do this one. But we DID take a full week long family vacation, and I have decided that it counts. SO CHECK. Although I would still like to do something just us. So maybe it gets a half check.
- Make more time for church. Hummm... I sorta forgot this one was on there, which means I really didn't do too well with it. We did go a fair bit, but I would say not nearly enough. I cannot in good conscience give this one a check. So.... RESOLUTION FAIL.
- Wear more skirts or dresses. CHECK! I did really well with this one! And you know what? I felt very pretty every time I wore them. There is just something nice about wearing a skirt or dress that makes me feel pretty. And without this goal I wouldn't have pushed myself to wear them. So success!
So if we are keeping track here, that puts me at a score of 3.5/5 checks. Not exactly perfect, but I would be at 0/5 without my list!
Now on to 2012:
- Read six classic books (and continue same goal of 24 books a year). I like having a reading goal. So, this goes on the list again, but this time I want to force myself to read some classics. I have no idea why I steer clear of them, but I want to stop. There are some books everyone should read and I want to read them! Pride and Prejudice, Little Women, The Great Gatsby, put them on the list for 2012! Have a favorite classic I should read? Leave it in the comments and I will add it to my list.
- Lose 15 pounds in the first quarter on the year, still have it off in the last quarter. I know, I know. Weight loss, how cliche. But seriously, maybe putting it down in my resolution list (and telling you all) AND setting rules (like keeping it off) will help. Because this 15 pounds is killing me. I just hate it.
- Paint. Years ago I got a Bob Ross painting set and easel. I never used them. There was just never a good place to set it up, never the right time to get started. And I hate that. I REALLY want to do it. I am just a little artistic and think I might be good at it. And even if I am not, I want to TRY. So this summer while Henry is playing in the back yard I am going to try my hand at painting.
- Take Henry to fun, interesting and educational places throughout the year. I don't want to fall into a routine of doing nothing. I don't want to let lack of money stand in our way of taking him places. I want to plan, and then follow through with being active, being outside, having him go places and see things that are new and different. The Zoo, the Children's Museum, The Nature Preserve, Hiking, Swimming, a Movie, the Aquarium. Just Stuff. He is getting big enough to enjoy these things. He is growing up so fast, I don't want to let this time pass without filling it with memories beyond our house and our yard.
- Do not allow social media to influence me. I don't want to live life behind a screen. Sometimes reading things like Facebook gives me the feeling of keeping up with the Jones and I just don't want to feel the need to post every detail of our life online in real time. And I don't mean this blog (which might be hypocritical, but it is what it is). I love that you are here, and I LOVE your comments and interactions, but this space is different than Facebook. It is written on my own time, in my own way. It is personal to me. Facebook and Twitter are running conversations and I sometimes struggle with stepping away because I feel like I am missing something. I don't want to feel that way. I don't want to be pulling one of these sites on my phone to read what other people are doing rather than enjoying what I AM DOING. This is my life, and I love it. There is a time and a place for social media. I want to make sure to keep it in it's place this year, which is on the back burner.
What? Oh right. NORA. What you all are really still here for!
Part like it's 2012!
The Little Sisters