It's kind of funny to look back and think of things that would feel huge in other years, things like my new job are easily forgettable in a year full of family triumphs and heart aches. It feels like in a large part this year belongs to my sisters. That as thrilled as we were this past year with Henry and our little family of three, that the two most defining moments of the year come with Cici's birth and Missy's Cancer. The pure joy of Boo and Chris finally having one of their daughters home, and the pure heart ache of watching my little sister in the fight of her life.
I guess that's why I always do this year in review. There was a lot more to 2010 than those two events. Lots of great things with our family and friends. Lots of laughs, lots of tears, but lots and lots of laughs. And I want to remember the laughs. I want to remember Henry learning to walk and our first beach trip. I want to remember 2010 as an awesome year with a few rough patches, and this list helps me to remember that that is exactly what it was. So here it is, for the 4th year in a row (here are 2007, 2008 & 2009 if you really want do do a Bio Girl marathon), The Best of Bio Girl, 2010!
- Remember when I realized I may not, in fact, be as awesome as I thought at video games
- There was that time Henry found a *shudder* healthy snack...
- A post about what breastfeeding meant to me.
- Me and Henry talking about the meaning of St. Patrick's Day (I LOVE his dancing picture)
- My epic dinner fail
- One about me being an idiot at my new job orientation.
- Henry's 1st birthday party was a huge hit! and here is his slideshow. I still watch this on a regular basis, just to make me smile.
- My last day of Breastfeeding. I am so glad I wrote about this day.
- Henry went to the beach for the first time!
- Henry learns to smile for the camera...sort of.
- I love this post. It is simple, but it speaks to me. We tried so hard to have our sweet Henry, that even the long difficult nights are still sorta wonderful, just because he is here. I think it is one of my best of the year (and it will be featured in the 2010 Creme De La Creme)
- Some Life lessons I learned at the Laundromat.
- Henry finds the King Bee *shudder again*
- The Chaise finally finds it's place in our home.
- I fight with the Pregnancy Mask (aka, I am the Last Air Bender)
- Henry finds his favorite thing (although now it is in a tough race with his Woody doll)
- I am an idiot in the Chicago Airport.
- We got all athletic and did a 5K for Brain Tumor research
- I look like Big Foot caught on tape while playing Flag Football.
- We have too much fun at Arielle's bachelorette party, which of course leads up to the big wedding of the year!
- Kentucky gets a lot of snow, and Henry and Ellie think it's awesome.
- Henry helps to put up the tree for Christmas!
- Henry decides Christmas is awesome, as does his Papa.
Wow. That's a long list this year. And I was so tempted to link to a million more because in all honesty, 2010 has been awesome. Reading over the posts has reminded me. We are so blessed to have our sweet Henry and our amazing friends and family. We are so very thankful for this amazing life we get to lead.
I posted about 13,245,361 pictures this year, and I was sorta depressed about it a few days ago and sorta thought, "Man, I need to get away from all these pictures and really get back to writing" but after looking at all my old posts, I have changed my mind. I love the pictures. And since I couldn't link to each picture post, her is a link for the Picture category, just in case you want to scroll over all the pictures I have posted here at Bio Girl. You can also see all the videos here, if you are curious :)
Happy New Year everyone! I will see you in 2011!