First we will review from 2012 and give myself a grade! Let's see how I did:
- Read six classic books (which I changed in April to be six books out of my reading comfort zone) and twenty four books total. I totally give myself a star! A gold star! a platinum star! I read 41 books and (let me review my list) and at quick glance nine were out of my typical reading comfort zone. A couple historical fictions, a few memoirs, a suspense thriller... I nailed this resolution.
- Lose 15 pounds in the first quarter on the year, still have it off in the last quarter. Another platinum star! I actually lost around 22 pounds. As of this week (after the holiday weight gain) I am sitting at 19 down. NOT TOO SHABBY!
- Paint. If it was just this I would feel guilty, but after the second go, I am going to go ahead and give myself another full star!
- Take Henry to fun, interesting and educational places throughout the year. Yes. I am giving myself another star. We did the museum, the movies, Waveland, hiking and fishing, the pool, the beach, the fire station, South Carolina and the aquarium (post to come)...and those are just off the top of my head. I think we did pretty good!
- Do not allow social media to influence me. I am going to once again give myself a big check on this one too. I forgot it was on the list, but I feel like I am in a much better place with this than I was a year ago. To the point that it is truly a non-issue. Anything I read on facebook or twitter is just interesting information at best, it does not influence me to make me feel like I need to live life any differently.
- Spend as much quality time as possible with my family. Number one priority for 2013. There are things going on that I will talk about within the next few days, but with these new things have reminded me that the most important thing to me is time with my family. Really, this could be my only resolution because in a lot of ways it's the only one that matters.
- Finish my capstone for my Masters Program. A capstone is sorta like a thesis and has to be written and defended in order to graduate. I do not think I will be able to defend my capstone in 2013, but I want to have the entire thing completed and prepared to be defended.
- Spend more time outdoors. I feel like too often our days are spend inside, even when it's pretty. Henry is bigger now, so hiking and fishing and bigger outdoorsy things are on the table. Maybe even camping if we get crazy. But more than that, I want to use the backyard instead of the couch. I want to use the park instead of the play area at the mall. I want to see the sun (or the moon). I want to be outside.