Oh, that's right. It's National Delurking Day! The day you, as blog readers, are contractually obligated to click on that little "post comment" link and write me one of those pesky comments telling me you are here. I know there are lots of you out there (good old Feedburner and Google Analytics tell me so!) and I am making it so easy for you. I allow anonymous comments so you don't need a google account and I don't force you do the captcha thing. Although I am about to break on that because spammers suck and they seem to LOVE my comments section. But for today I will leave it off, so that just makes it even EASIER to stop in and say you are here.
You all, I love comments. LOVE THEM. They make my heart happy. Don't you want to make my heart happy?
I was reading Temerity Jane and liked how she gave a questionnaire to her readers to give them topics to comment on. Now, don't feel any pressure to actually fill this out. All I really require is an "I'm here!". But if you want a comment with a little more substance... maybe some pizazz, you can use this to give you some ideas. Some questions are about you, so are about the blog. I will happy accept partial answers. No need to answer them all. Unless of course you want to. Then you will receive a gold star.
1. Do you remember how you found me? I would love to know!
2. Do I know you in real life? Don't be shy. I don't mind people reading who actually know me (or know OF me) from real life.
3. What is the best book you have ever read? (I need at least 21 more for 2011!)
4. Tell me something funny or interesting that has happened to you.
5. Is there something that you have done that would surprise people who know you in real life?
6. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
7. Where is he one place you want to see most in your lifetime?
8. Do you blog? Are you on twitter? How might I find you in the vast world of social media?
Okay, eight seems like a good number. Not as daunting as ten. And I am out of ideas. Feel free to pick and choose or to just leave a "Here!" but what is not an option is to not comment. Not today. Not on NATIONAL DELURKING DAY!