This movie was by far the best of the three. BY FAR. I mean, I don't expect it to win an academy award (although I fully expect it to sweep the MTV awards) but seriously you all, this movie is just dramatically better than the first two. When the movie started and it opened up in the meadow with Bella and Edward I was a little worried. The dialogue felt rushed and I was just like, "oh yeah, the movies sorta bother me a little". I mean, I like the first two. But I like them because I love the books. I feel like I always need to make excuses for them. But not this one. This one is just so much better. So here is a list of things I liked, or didn't think worked, with the movie. In bullet form. Because it is easier.
- I loved Every single Cullen. I like that they finally got to tell their stories and had bigger rolls to play. It was nice as a fan of the book to get to see the other characters that we love.
- Emmett was awesome. I have this love of Emmett from the books and I feel like his character really got to shine in this one. I know his parts were small, but he played them really well. (As a side note, my 16 year old step-sister in law has this life size cardboard cutout of Emmett in her room and her sister has one of Jacob and I just love it. It reminds me of how I used to have one of Keanu Reeves from Speed when I was sixteen. Ah memories.)
- Jasper's hair was like a million times better. I also really liked his back story.
- Bella's wig. It bothered me a little.
- Edward and Bella just seemed so much less awkward together. Their relationship finally had flow and seemed logical.
- Jacob. Oh poor Jacob.
- I feel like Alice has gotten the shaft in the movies. She is a MAIN characters in he books. Number 4 after Bella, Edward and Jacob. And yet in the movies it's like she is just one of the Cullens. Alice deserves better.
- I loved the sex talk between Bella and her dad. Actually made me laugh out loud. Something about it came out as just honest.
- I thought the scene in the bedroom when Edward truly proposes was great. I was worried it would be super cheesy, but it wasn't.
- I loved the vampires in Seattle.
- One of my favorite scenes in all the books was when Edward and Jacob have their conversation in the tent. I was so happy they kept it so true to the book.
- The fight was pretty awesome. It was nice to finally have some true action. The Cullens, the wolves, the newborns (poor Bree). Enjoyable.
- I missed the connection between Edward and Seth. For some reason I always liked how they became friends after fighting together. I was sad they cut that.
- I really like Dakota Fanning as Jane.
So what did you all think??