Well, it has finally happened. I have been tagged to fill out a blog survey....a new level of fame. I am just ignoring the fact that this tag came from my wonderful Aunt over on the Left Coast....I am sure our blood relation had nothing to do with it. So, here are ten things I bet you didn't know...
1. I had three majors in college (anthropology, nursing and then biology)...four if you count the time I spent undeclared. I was very overwhelmed with the idea of deciding on what I want to do for the rest of my life. I finally settled on ....doctor. Hence the biology degree. Once I graduated I realized I was not passionate enough about school and my education to make it past four years of medical school and then residency, so I eventually found a job in my field that I love. Sometimes I think of where I would be in the process...and realize it was one of the best decisions I ever made.
2. I lived with a crazy girl when I lived in the dorms. She thought it was okay to wear her bra as a shirt...to the courthouse...because you know, it looked exactly like a bikini top. She cut and bleached (with chlorox) her own hair because she wanted to look like a Dixie Chick...then was SHOCKED when all the skin pealed off her hands and her hair broke off....She drank fingernail polish remover once because she thought it had alcohol in it....CRAZY. By the end of the year I had this strange love for her and sometimes think of her and hope she's ok.
3. I got my first apartment before I even graduated from high school. I have the best family ever, there were no issues there, I just wanted my freedom. It didn't work out well. By the end of summer we went our separate ways...leading to me crashing my entire first semester in a friends dorm room...sharing her twin bed...no lie, before moving into my own dorm with crazy girl from number two. I am not friends with really anybody from that apartment anymore, but it was a really great summer.
4. I was in a sorority in college. I joined my junior year because I really needed school involvement for my medical school applications and my friend and I thought it would be cool to carry around the bags with the letters on them. I never thought I would love it like I did. When I have daughters I will want them to join a sorority if they are up to it. The sisterhood and support is amazing at such a difficult time of transitions. I am always proud when I see girls wearing my letters around town.
5. I am left handed. I am really left bodied. I can barely function with my right hand. Really it is just there to look pretty. I have lived my entire life with the smudge on my palm, but I have always really liked being a lefty.
6. I have an infatuation with the Aurora Borealis. I am not sure where it comes from, but the idea of the northern lights fascinates me. Nick and I really wanted to do a cruise to Alaska for our honeymoon, but were not able to work it out. It is one of those things that I just must see at some point.
7. I am sometimes a little obsessive. I decide I need something, and I need it NOW. I stole my sisters on a whim for a birthday surprise to Florida one year, just because I thought it sounded fun to take a vacation. I was not looking for a house at all...and actually did not even have a job, when I decided I needed to buy our home. I will do anything to get what it is that I decided I need. It usually works out pretty well.
8. I have an addition to all things sci fi. I was raised as Star Trek fan, and to this day LOVE it. While in Vegas, my Aunts took us to the Star Trek Experience at the Hilton and I basically thought it rocked. Nick and I camped out for Star Wars tickets for not only the first one...but the second one as well. We could have gotten tickets online, but wanted to hang out with the other nerds like ourselves. We love the X-files...we basically love it all!
9. I know I have mentioned that my sister and I sell things on eBay sometimes...but I don't think I mentioned that we sold designer purses we bought at flea markets for thousands of dollars. It. Was. Awesome. you know...until we found out it was wrong or whatever and then stopped. Before we gave it up we made enough money to fly the two of us plus our little sister out to Vegas for a bachelorette party. Can't beat that.
10. Nick and I are trying for a baby. I hadn't decided when I was going to mention it on the old blog...but now seems about right (for those of you still reading...good job!). With my endometriosis, we are expecting a difficult road, so don't expect any big news soon...just thought I would fill you in. It is really big to us to be making this step, and we are both so excited we are here...just hope it doesn't take to long.
So, that's it. My ten things. It was a little harder than I thought..I guess because I already talk about myself like, you know...all the time on this blog. Anyways, I am only going to tag Boo...who is working on setting up her blog now. It will be up and running by next weekend, and this seems like a good early post!